Flower to my Lover


Hi everyone! It's Bibi here today, just to show you the card I made for my sweetie on Valentine's day. We don't really celebrate it (not a tradition here in Norway), but I do make him a card every year and he gives me flowers. Usually I make him a more masculine looking card, but this year I decided to make something completely different.

When I started making this card, what you see here was meant to be the background paper with a panel with some romantic stamp and message on top .... but once it was finished, I liked it so much that I didn't want to cover it with anything, so ... pretty plain and simple, here it is:



Supplies:
Watercolor paper
Inktense pencils and waterbrush
Love washi tape
Black Archival ink
Stamps from this set:


Antique Botanicals
This set measures 13 x 18 cm (5 x 7 inches)


Katy on my Design Team made this set of stamp designs for me. They are vintage etchings that she compiled and revised to make them suitable for rubber stamps. Aren't they just lovely? It is the first time I've made stamps with such fine details, and the engraver did an amazing job for me to get all those delicate lines in the mold I use when I press the rubber. They stamp so beautifully! The set retails at only €18.50 ($22.20), which I'm sure you have to agree is a bargain for so many gorgeous stamps ;-) You'll find it in my webshop.

OK, 'nuff bragging. If you want to see what Katy made with these stamps the other day, jump over to her blog and check it out: http://postcardsfromtheattic.blogspot.co.uk/2015/02/botanical-tag-for-rubber-dance.html   
As chance would have it, she had used Inktense pencils and a waterbrush, too! Great minds think alike, you know ;-)

Thank you for stamping by! Leave me a comment and make my day, why don'tcha? :-D

xox,
Bibi


Comments

TwinkleToes2day said…
What a gorgeous card and most definitely not 'simple', lol. Those stamps do look fabulous. I'm off to check out 'what Katy did' (hehe) {{Hugs}} xo
Unknown said…
Oh this is fabulous Bibi - love it (but secretly peeved you are better with the pencils than me LOL - I need more practice!)
Artatag said…
Wow what a wonderful stamp and an awesome card you created with them! Love it!!!!
xoxox
Susanne Rose said…
Ohhh how beautiful and springy is this card. LOVE it! The coloring is awesome!
Craftyfield said…
It would have been a shame to hide these beautifully coloured blooms! Less is more and all that...
Ellie Knol said…
I long for spring, now even more! Gorgeous card!
Bibi Lindahl said…
Thank you all for your kind words!! These stamps are quite easy to colour in since they already have the shadow/darker areas in the drawings, so basically I just added some colour - just darker where the shadows are :-)
xox

Popular posts from this blog

Happiness is a state of mind - Art Journal Page

Create with your own imagination... (by Corinne, GDT this month)

IMPORTANT message from Bibi

Join our Combined Blog Hop!