Got an Old Paint Brush? Make a Fun Wall Hanging!


Hi everyone! Bibi here today with a quick tutorial on how I made this wall hanging:



Products I've used:
Da Vinci stamps from Rubber Dance
Old paint brush, red wire, ribbon and embellishments
Lace-Up Tags (chipboards) from EyeConnect Crafts

What's unique with the chipboards from EyeConnect Crafts is that they have holes punched into them so you can connect them, using eyelets, brads, twine, ribbons, etc.

Instructions:

Stamp Da Vinci's women onto the tags with red ink.

Notice that I also added some mica flakes on the edges:

To make these cool hoop rings, I used a piece of red wire and twirled it around a brush:

Slide the wire spiral off the brush, cut it up on one side - et voilá!

I used the same technique to make larger rings.


I had an old paint brush that I tied my connected tags to. Can't remember whether that's white paint or Gesso, but it had dried and ruined the brush. Don't toss those out! (I have a big collection ...):

The white ribbons just needed some more romance .... 
the hearts are big brads that I found in my stash:

And there you have it, an artsy and romantic wall hanging:



My choice of colours for this wall hanging is no accident; 
Kraft, White and Red are our challenge colours this month.

Come join us! You know you want to ... (I know want you to!)

If you want to look at some awesome stamps and super fun chipboards instead, 
here are the links you need:


If you'd like to see more fun things made with our products,


Thanks for stampin' by today!
I wish you all a wonder-fun and creative week.


 XOX,
Bibi


Comments

Majo said…
Hey, this is gorgeous, need to make a mental note to copy this one :)
Marjeta said…
Inovative and beautiful.

Marjeta
What a cool idea, Bibi! Thank you for sharing your creative and briliant ideas. I will never toss out my brushes again :-)

Wish you a wonderful and creative Day!
Hugs, Anita
<3
This is a cool idea...very gorgeous!
Thanks for sharing :)
Unknown said…
Ahhhh - absolutely fun and adorable Bibi. j
Craftyfield said…
Brilliant recycling idea for an old brush! The triptych of faces look good on the Eyeconnect arches, very arty.
TangledBlueRose said…
ooo love this Bibi! I don't have a wonderful brush like yours but boy I do love this idea. Gonna have to improvise and play :)
~kim
Mary Holshouser said…
fun recycle idea.
Looks great.
thanks for sharing.
Bibi Lindahl said…
Thank you all for your sweet comments!! :-D
I hope many "dead" paint brushes will be brought back to life after this ♥
I have more brushes and more ideas to share, so stay tuned.... ;)
XOX from BB
ionabunny said…
Cool. Love the red stamping on the kraft. Hugz

Popular posts from this blog

Happiness is a state of mind - Art Journal Page

Create with your own imagination... (by Corinne, GDT this month)

IMPORTANT message from Bibi

Join our Combined Blog Hop!