Dragonfly Challenge Tags - by Bibi



Hello there! Our monthly challenge here at Rubber Dance celebrates its 2nd anniversary this month. The challenge this time is to create something with one of five previous colour swatches.

I couldn't decide which colour swatch to use, so I used them all!  One tag for each colour combo:


After I had coloured the tags in their respective months' colours, I used a sequin waste and modelling paste for the white dots. After those had dried, I stamped the Old Bookmark Stamp with black ink on the dots. Close-up below, where you also can see the gemstone I glued beneath the name of the months:


The circles under the Dragonflies and month tags are punched out from an old dictionary.
The stamped stars on the left hand side of the tags are from the Textured Flowers set. 


The dragonflies were coloured in with Inktense watercolour pencils and painted with a transparent shimmer mix. I added Stickles (Black Diamond) on the Dragonflies' body for more shimmer and bling:



So, here they are - all five tags in our challenge's previous colour schemes.
Which do YOU like the most? I think July is my fave of these tags:
.


  

  

 
(We had a combined challenge for November and December that year, but I wrote December due to lack of space on the black tag)


Here's our current challenge:


Come join us! You have until September 30th at midnight CET (= GMT + 1).

Thanks for stampin' by!

 Love,
Bibi






Comments

wow!!! This is so amazing.. Love them all ♥
Gerrina said…
They are looking just great!
Mac Mable said…
I can see why you had difficulty choosing which month to go for (as they are all faublous) and laughed that you went for them all x Such fun and gorgeous tags with lots of inspiration. I hadn't noticed the textured flower stamp set had the stars on them so off now to take a closer look at mine x Thanks for the fun idea x
Craftyfield said…
The 12 tags of Rubber Dance! Might be an interesting idea for next year's challenges... My favourite is March, although green is not my colour, but the contrasting colours give extra oomph.
Julie S said…
Wow, these are gorgeous!
ionabunny said…
These are so gorgeous. Love that you did them in all the colours. I think the December colours are so cool. Hugz
Bibi Lindahl said…
Thank you very much for your sweet comments, everyone!! ♥
StampedByBibi said…
This comment has been removed by the author.

Popular posts from this blog

Happiness is a state of mind - Art Journal Page

Create with your own imagination... (by Corinne, GDT this month)

IMPORTANT message from Bibi

Join our Combined Blog Hop!