Dreamcatcher Tag by Susanne


Hi everyone!

It's Susanne writing today and I have a step by step tutorial for this Dreamcatcher tag. I used the brand new "Textured Feathers" stamps plus some patterns from the "Textured Flowers".


In addition to the stamps you need some watercolor crayons, gesso, pastel pencils or markers, black marker and a black ink pad. I worked on watercolor paper.

Step1: First layer. Add some warm colors and blend them with gesso. You can either use a brush or your fingers.

Step2: Second layer. Let the first layer dry. Add some cool tones and blend them with gesso.

Step3: Third layer. Add colors of your choice, after everything is dry. Blend them with water.

Step4: Make more marks with pastel pencils or any other markers. Not everything will work fine on the crayons. Just try it.

Step5: Draw the dreamcatcher ring and add the feathers. I used a black uniPOSCA marker and black pigment ink for the stamps.

Step6: Add some more patterns with stamps from both sets, the "Textured Flowers" and "Textured Feathers".

Step7: Stamp all your feathers on white cardstock and cut them out. Add them to the tag.

Here are some more detailed images. I finally add some more doodleing with the black uniPOSCA marker and mounted it onto a base tag.


I wish you a nice day! Thank you for stopping by and all your lovely comments.
Hugs, Susanne.

Products from Rubber Dance:
Textured Flowers
Textured Feathers




Comments

Craftyfield said…
Beautiful colours Susanne! I fancy having a go at this Neocolor + gesso technique myself!
Love your Tag, Susanne! The textured feathers is so beautiful. Wish you a wonderful Day!
Hugs, Anita
Bibi Lindahl said…
Awesome! You know how much I love those Textured Feathers stamps you desgined for me/Rubber Dance, Susanne! This looks like a fun background technique to do and such cool result. Thanks so much for sharing it with us! ♥
Absolutely stunning, the colours just really pop and now I think I need those feathers!
hugs
Donna xx
ionabunny said…
These are gorgeous. Love the white feathers against the bright colours. Hugz
Gerrina said…
What a great tag! So inspired to get stamping and more again...!
Jackie PN said…
I just love this tag Susanne!! Love how you used the pop of white cardstock on those beautiful colors! xx

Popular posts from this blog

Happiness is a state of mind - Art Journal Page

IMPORTANT message from Bibi

Create with your own imagination... (by Corinne, GDT this month)

Join our Combined Blog Hop!