Make Watercolour Illustrations with your Stamps

Hi there!

Today I'd like to share a project with the brand new stamps, that had been released a few days ago. They are still 20% off in the store until November 21st!
These Penguins are designed by me and I am  so happy, that Bibi made them into stamps:


http://www.rubberdance.com/shop?shop_section=163311


Today I'd like to share something else you can do with your stamps, than just stamping and colouring. Turn them into watercolour illustrations:


Here is what I did:
I stamped the penguins with a light watersoluble ink (Distress Ink works great). After that, I coloured the penguins with watercolours. I used a wet in wet technique to create some texture with different colours. I also sprinkled some colour on top of the images after they were dried.
Finally I used a black fineliner to bring back some of the outlines and details. It's always good to stamp a reference of your image onto a piece of scrap paper, so you can see where to put the eye or other details.

I used a gelli printed background for these cards and added some additional stamping to create a little more texture.




Thanks for stopping by today!
xx Susanne.

www.rubberdance.com/shop


Supplies
Rubber Dance Stamps:

Others:
Distress Ink (Tumbled Glass)
Gelli Plate
Tim Holtz Stickers

Comments

Bibi Lindahl said…
Beautiful, Susanne! They look so different than when using waterproof ink where all the details show. How cool that we can do both and get two quite different looking stamps out of one!! Thank you so much for sharing! ♥ ♥ ♥
Lia said…
These new stamps are sooo adorable and useful. I am a fan!
Lia xx
Beautiful! Thanks for sharing❣️
Craftyfield said…
Gorgeous colours, Susanne!
Wow totally stunning Susanne....makes me want to grab my watercolours and the sweet penguins and have a play too :)
Hugs
Donna xx
Susanne Rose said…
Thank you so much Bibi!
Susanne Rose said…
Thank you very much Lia!!! Happy you like them :-)

Popular posts from this blog

Happiness is a state of mind - Art Journal Page

Create with your own imagination... (by Corinne, GDT this month)

IMPORTANT message from Bibi

Join our Combined Blog Hop!